Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baking Challenge Week 12 - Piping - Purple Buttercream of Doom!

I have mixed feelings about this cake.

On the one hand, the last time I made any kind of stab at cake decorating with piped frosting, I was probably eight or nine.  And you could tell, looking at my cake.

So I'm no professional.

But the fact that my cake still looks like an eight-year-old did it now....

My husband said first, "What's wrong with it?"  When I explained how amateurish I felt it looked, he said, "Well, you're allowed to be bad at things when you're learning."

So, in essence, I'm being too hard on myself.  I should be proud of what I learned, instead of disappointed that I didn't do better.

But I still think it's ugly.

It's spice cake from scratch (that turned out kind of dry, so I'm passing on sharing the recipe until I know if it's the recipe's fault, or mine) and plain buttercream, which is so common I can't be bothered to type it out.

Doesn't help that I'm a little mad at the cake for being what it is.  But we'll eat it anyway.  It's still cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment