Friday, September 7, 2012

Baking Challenge Week 35 - Bread - Orange Nutmeg Beer Bread

Made with our latest homebrew!  We turned out a lovely wheat beer earlier this summer, and plentiful beer means there's no reason not to make beer bread.

Before I've always used the Good Eats beer bread recipe with excellent results, but this time, I wanted something new.  A little Google-fu research later, I turned up this basic recipe with three variations and knew I had to try at least one of them.  The orange nutmeg bread seemed best suited to our homebrew, so I went with that, but I'm anxious to try both of the other variations as well.

So how well did it turn out?  It didn't last 24 hours.  Warm from the oven, or at room temperature, or toasted the next morning for breakfast and spread with generous dollops of butter, this stuff was fantastic.  I'm making it again this weekend before we're out of our homebrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment