Friday, January 6, 2012

I'd Been Meaning To Do This For a While Now...

The first thing you should know is that I love to cook.

The second is that I love to bake.

And the third is that I love to talk about food almost as much as I love to make it, or to eat it.  I share recipes with friends, and I get serious warm fuzzies when I find out they're actually making them.  I rave to my coworkers about how incredible my new pressure cooker is (beans in six minutes! Hooray for science!)  I regularly get cookbooks for Christmas from my family, because they're that awesome.

All of this makes me wonder why it took so long for me to start a food blog.  It's not like I'm new to blogging, I've been doing it on and off for years, first as a knit-blogger, then a multi-craft blogger.  Haven't posted to my craft blog in months, though...haven't been crafting much!

But I cook every day.

It took joining two Reddit challenges to finally spur me to do this.  The first is r/52weeksofcooking, which I joined with enthusiasm earlier this week.  The second is r/52weeksofbaking, which I only found out about yesterday!  I can't swear that I'll be able to do both challenges every week, but I'm certainly aiming to.  And I'll likely throw in the extra post or five about other things I'm making...

No comments:

Post a Comment